1. @maternalocd: @Rubywax #askruby We know OCD folk don't harm but was Shakespeare trying to describe OCD handwashing or PTSD with rituals in Lady Macbeth?
Both. I’m sure that’s what he meant when he said “Out damn spot.” My mother used to say that when I dropped some crumbs on the floor. I would drop some of my cookie (an invisible amount) and she would leap across the room like Superman with two sponges and wipe like a possessed person. This is how I know how mad the Macbeth woman was.
2. @leadworkshop: @Rubywax A brilliant and very unique show in
Newark tonight! Can you recommend a book on Neuroscience?
Yes my book; it’s funny and easy to read. You can buy it on Amazon or your near-by bookstore. I would highly recommend it.
3. @GaryDunne: @Rubywax What's your working definition of
It’s being aware or paying full attention, in the moment while holding back any judgment or self-critical thinking. Just noticing something without the endless commentary that plays in your head.
4. @lorrie_e: @Rubywax As before. How you hide the deeper issues behind comedy. Are you still doing this Ruby?
No comedy is no contraceptive against mental illness. When I’m sick I’m sick and when I’m well and funny they are two separate states of mind.
5. @michaelteehee: @Rubywax is mental health treated better in Britain than America?
I think in Britain it’s more talked about. I don’t think in middle America many things are discussed outside getting some cheese hot dogs and a bucket of French fries.