1. @MiTz44: @Rubywax I have always wondered Is it possible to totally be free from mental illness?
With anything you can suddenly be totally free and who knows why? I would say it depends what you have and how bad you have it or is that too obvious to say? I am free of depression now but I don’t want to get too cocky it may jump me tomorrow.
To me the most I hope for, for people who have it is they find the right medication there is no shame in taking them.
2. @MiTz44: @Rubywax If yes - what form of therap(ies) would you suggest? #AskRuby
I would run to your local bookshop or order on Amazon my book, “Sane New World” I give great suggestions otherwise I wouldn’t have written it.
3. @SuzieWelsh: @Rubywax #askruby Im very interested in helping others using Mindfullness. How do I go about it? Im practising it at moment and love it X
You need to get a certificate in teaching mindfulness. I’m sure you can google where to get accredited I chose Oxford mostly cause I liked the outfit.
4. @joyfactoryuk: @Rubywax Hey Ruby, your book was so helpful to me in my last episode. Can you tell me which 8-week mindfulness course you recommend? Ta!
I would go to Chris Cullen who works at Oxford University just get in touch with the office for mindfulness. He is the guy I think is Mark William’s disciple though he’d kill me for saying it.
5. @mirandasmurmurs: What's been the highlight of your time in Cape Town / the opening of your new show @Rubywax ?
Doing my show “Sane New World” and having 2 people in the audience ask me if I was doing the show with my fly down on purpose. I screamed “Why didn’t you tell me during the show?”
6. @kmoggie: @Rubywax What did your family do that made the biggest difference ? #askruby
Not my parents but my kids still loving me even though they knew mommy was broken.