1. Nikki Recherché: I have suffered anxiety for the last Four years now (I'm 28). After the first year I became master of that fear, and I'm sure I could do it again, however the fear that it will return again always lingers. is it worth being mindful of the fear or should I throw caution to the wind?
A: What is being master of your fear? Fear about fear is still fear.
If you repress it it will leap up one day and kick your ass. In my
opinion we are never masters of our emotions but you can study
things like mindfulness or cognitive-based therapy and learn to live
2. Horacia Stucki: Why don't you have your own show, or have I
missed something? I miss seeing you on TV.
A: I don’t have my own show because I don’t have my own show
you haven’t missed anything. Nothing lasts forever, I could cry or
just move on and go to Oxford, which I did and am now touring a
show in the UK based on my book, “Sane New World”
3. Christine Furst: Dear Ruby, are you going to record an audio version of your book "Sane New World" as well? Here is why I ask this. I had a serious depression and I was not able to read for 33 month. Your book is actually the first book that I read after I was suddenly able to read again. During the time of "partial and temporary analfabetims" my main source of information was via "vocal and visual media" like video and podcasts. Maybe you already have an audio version. Maybe not.
A: Funny you should ask. I’ve did the audio of my book in December I hope it comes to you soon. When I was depressed I couldn’t tell one letter from the next so I know it’s a bitch.
4. Bernadette Grannon: How can you better deal with what life
throws at you when it feels relentless and you are single and
dealing with everything alone ?
A: Use your friends as much as you can and if you don’t have some, make some they will help you deal with life; a boyfriend can’t always do that he makes it more difficult.
5. Jilly Fee: Dear Ruby how does a woman deal with menopause ?
A: I personally believe in most Western medicine otherwise I’d
probably have died from influenza or small pox. So in this same
spirit, if the replacements are out there and they stop my bones
from drying up, I will take them and be thankful.