(You can take part each week by tagging your questions on twitter with #AskRuby)
1. @harchie12: @Rubywax what irritates you most about a theatre audience?
You must know what I’m going to say; when they don’t laugh. I think, “Well I’m laughing and that’s all that matters.” A woman passed out during my show once I didn’t love that either.
2. @boxoffrogs16: @Rubywax #askruby do you have a cd/download/ youtube to help with mindfulness all my mh team gave me was 3 page A4 script it impossible !
You can’t learn anything on 3 pages. Tell them they wasted the paper.
3. @mimidaz: @Rubywax #askruby dear Ruby, do you know of any study or practise of MFness and gardening? Or "outdoor MFness"?thx
Mindfulness is only about being in a state of ‘paying attention’ to whatever is going on ‘in the moment.’ So you can be mindful doing anything if you choose to; cleaning your teeth, picking a weed and even going to the loo. If you’re really tuned into the sensation of a liquid leaving your body - that’s mindfulness.
4. @swishperson: @Rubywax wondered if you've ever tried EFT. Is it useful for depression and how does it fit in with mindfulness? X
If you google EFT it’s about clearing your short circuit in the body’s bioenergy system.
The positive results of mindfulness in terms of depression are based on hard scientific evidence. “Show me the science” is my motto; if I can’t see it, smell it or taste it, for me it won’t work.
5. @maternalocd: @Rubywax Who gave you your courage, Ruby? Was it an eclectic group over time or one person?
No one gave me any courage. I doubt it’s even giveable. I was told I ‘d never get anywhere as a child, if that isn’t fuel for making you push even harder no matter how fearful or humiliating the situation nothing is.