1. @McArevey We have/have had countless diet shows & Embarrassing Bodies clinics on TV. Where are the programmes looking at mental health?
@Rubywax It’s all about what’s in fashion and viewing figures. Obviously body mutations and over ‘cellulited’ people (want to be pc) are in and we are out. When they run out of physical atrocities then maybe our day will come.
2.@WTarps: I'm bipolar and been well on meds for 10 years. Should I still put MH disability down on job apps in case I ever relapse?
@Rubywax Once you’ve said you’re bi-polar on your CV you can’t take it off again. If you get caught lying they will burn you at the stake and take away your insurance
3. @mariloubluebell why do you think that you are so driven?
@Rubywax I was raised by immigrants who were always fleeing from one place or another. I’m sure that’s why I’m driven; to stop moving forward means annihilation
4. @BobFlowerpot how do you forgive, and what does that mean? #AskRuby
@Rubywax You forgive by letting go of the hatred and the continuous story in your head that justifies it. However hard it is to forgive, it’s easier than carrying that weight.
5. @sianysianp Thanks for Hay, I worry that CBT is being used as some miracle fix within my local area - have you seen this happening? #AskRuby
@Rubywax Nothing works for everything and there is no miracle but at least there’s something other then GP’s tossing drugs at anyone who has a bad day willy-nill. At least now you get a human face to talk to and talking plus medication really is the cure. Maybe someday you can get other therapies but one step at a time.
6. @JPeacock101 are you coming birmingham on your tour next year ;o)
@Rubywax You can see all my tour dates here http://www.rubywax.net/tour.html