1. Do you think counselling helps when in the midst of depression, or is it better left til later?
To me, when you’re in the midst of depression your mind has been evacuated there’s no one at home. In those times you wouldn’t know therapy if it came up and hit you on the head.
2. @MichelHeller: best book/article/class you recommend for beginners to mindfulness? I've read #sanenewworld and I want to learn more. Thx.
“Mindfulness: Finding Peace in a Frantic World” by Mark Williams. He was my professor at Oxford, one of the founders of Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy, a genius and humble. (Rare combo).
3. @missmusical3 : Did you experience depression as a child?
Yes, but back then no one knew that it existed, they checked my blood so many times hunting for a physical illness, I was sucked dry.
4. @elenwebbpage : having trouble reconciling planning for the future and practicing living in the present - any tips?
You have to plan for the future or nothings going to happen, you’ll grind to a halt and sometimes it’s good to be present, to give yourself a gift for all that planning.
5. @WreckReceiver : Do you think happiness is overrated?
I think happiness means getting a burst of dopamine or endorphins and it feels so good, then it’s over as quick as it started, then you spend all your time ‘chasing the dragon’ for an even bigger hit and it’s just exhausting.