Frazzled Cafe Guidelines
To help ensure that these sessions run smoothly and in line with the values of Frazzled Cafe we ask that all participants agree to follow these guidelines:
- To act with integrity. Please respect one another’s confidentiality and anonymity. You are welcome to connect with one another outside of this meeting if you find someone who’s story resonates with you but please do not name anyone or discuss anything you may hear in a meeting with others who have not attended.
- To let everyone have a voice. Please respect one another by giving everybody the chance to contribute without interruption and by not dominating or disrupting the conversation. The facilitator will show a white card after 3 minutes to signal the end of each speaker’s turn.
- To listen without offering solutions. Please focus your contribution on personal experiences and not political/thematic concepts. When speaking please focus on what resonates with you personally, not on providing answers or solutions to others.
- To be kind to ourselves and each other. This is NOT group therapy and no-one should feel under pressure to say anything. We do hope that in hearing others’ experiences you will feel encouraged to share your own. Whether you speak or not, please treat each other in a supportive and considerate way.
- To welcome people from all backgrounds and points of view. We have no religious, political or commercial affiliations and ask that participants refrain from promoting any that they might have.
- To be present. To benefit fully from the session and stay present in the room, please try to avoid distractions from phones or other devices.